Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Post 3: "Once More to the Lake" by E.B.White

E.B White created a really vivid and descriptive image of what it is/feels like to re-live a memory, especially the ones from childhood that can mark a person's life so deeply. Even more, when he  realizes that it has become a tradition; that the memories he had lived with his dad are now existent between him and his son. If I'm honest, I have to admit that I cannot relate to the wilderness or nature described in this story. I did not get to experience to visit a place like that. I have been in the wilderness, as I like to call it, but it is nothing related to what E.B White describes. In my opinion, the author describes being with his son and going back to the place where he used to go with his dad as a child; as something exciting, captivating, and to be proud of. I feel like the theme of the story is that a single memory or experience can thoroughly impact people's lives and adapt them to who they are and will be as a person.



No comments:

Post a Comment