Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Post 4: Fist College Experience

My first day in college was absolutely unexpected. Honestly, I was expecting classes to be a lot harder and more intimidating. I pictured college as a place where I would have to know everything before I even went to class, and that's what made me nervous. After my first class was over, I realized that college was nothing like I expected it to be, and that I actually enjoyed being in such classes and environment. Its ironic how my biggest dream since I came to America, which was to attend college in the U.S., was also the experience I was so nervous about. The freedom that you have as a college student helps you realize that time management is a lot more complicated when its all up to you. I guess you could say that attending college really is the time when you start "living in the real world." Budgeting your money, spending time wisely, and becoming a non-procrastinator becomes mandatory in college, it has to become a routine if you want to succeed. I'm looking forward to those challenges that can  lead me to a successful academic experience, which is my major goal in college.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you included a quote in your blog. It's a profound thought and really backs up your point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really shocked to how laid back and easy college was. It isn't like super easy, but compared to what I thought I was going to endure it is.

    ReplyDelete